Monday 10 September 2012

Review & Swatches | NYX Eyeshadow in Highlight

Hey guys,

Today I have a quick review for you and a quick swatch as well. It’s on the NYX mono eyeshadow in the shade highlight and I’m going to jump right into it.



 The Price & Packaging

I really like the packaging of this. I like the black shell and the fact that it has a clear window so you can see the colour. I think the label on the back is clear and easy to read. That sound like a strange thing to comment upon but I hate it when products have really small labels or labels with clashing colours that make it impossible to read it clearly.

I picked this up in an outlet store for about £3.50, but you can get it online for £4.50. I don’t think that’s all that bad when you consider the price of some other shadows.

The Colour & Pigmentation

As the name would suggest this is a highlight colour. It’s a yellow toned flesh colour that’s completely matte. When I brought this there wasn’t any testers , so I couldn’t test the pigmentation or anything like that and if I could have tested it I probably would have got a different colour because this blends out to nothing. It really had no impact no matter what I do with it, and it kind of sits there going to waste. But maybe on skin tones that don’t match the colour like mine does it would work better.

The Availability

 I decided to mention this because NYX is hard to get hold of in the UK. I hear a lot of people say that you can’t get it in the UK but you can. It’s available online and there is huge selection of stuff on the site. I would highly recommend checking it out because the products are amazing, and not to expensive either. Also, keep an eye out for it in discount store of CCO’s because it pops up in the one I’m in every so often and they have everything from the Black label lipsticks to lip liners to the glitters!

Have you tired any NYX eyeshadows? Do you think they are awesome?

Thanks for reading guys,
Sarah xo

2 comments:

  1. ah the NYX eyeshadows sound lovely, I need to try! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice, the darker colours are better in my opinion but they are all great quality.

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!