Thursday 29 November 2012

Empties #1


Be prepared for a long post guys. I’m going to try and keep it as short as possible and not ramble to much. These are the empties I’ve gathered since the 15th of September. I can only give you the precise date because it’s they day I moved up to uni, and these are the only products I’ve had with me. So, on with what I’ve used up. 



Superdrug Tea Tree Moisturiser
There isn’t much to say about this to be honest, except that the scent is so strong it makes your eyes water. It’s great for those slightly oily days or if you’re having a major breakout, but other than that it’s not too much different from other moisturisers. It’s doesn’t dry out my skin, but it doesn’t work miracles. It’s just ok. 

MAC Cleanse Off Oil
I’m so sad this is gone. I adore this stuff, and because of my spending ban I cannot purchase another just yet but I will be when I have the cash to. It’s the best makeup remover that I’ve ever tried, and it removes every bit of makeup on my face. It does leave a bit of an oily residue, but for my dry skin it’s not too bad. I either wipe it off with a baby wipe, or cleanse with a hot cloth cleanser. 

Clinique Rinse Off Makeup Solvent 
I don’t recommend this. For the price, it’s nothing. It doesn’t remover waterproof makeup, or anything remotely stubborn. It stings a little when I use it on my eyes, and it’s just not worth the money. 

Sure Woman Maximum Protection Deodorant
I debated about putting this in this post because it seems like strange thing for me to talk about but I have to ask something of you all. I brought this in Boots when it was on sale. It was normally about £5, but it was knocked down to £2.50. I didn’t think much of it at the time but now I fear it’s been discontinued. It’s the best deodorant ever! It’s smells nice and it really works. 

Simple Light Hydrating Moisturiser
If you don’t need to much moisture this is for you. It’s a simple product that does what it says on the tin. It lightly moisturises the skin, without leaving a scent or any kind of residue on it. It’s also super cheap which is great to. 



Max Factor Lipfinity Lasting Lip Tint in 04
This isn’t used up, it’s just dried out. I’ve had this for quite some time, and it’s lasted pretty well but I didn’t get that much wear out of it  because of the shade. If I would have brought it in the autumn months it would have had a lot more wear but it’s just not a summer colour so it didn’t see the light of day. 

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in 6 Pink Parfait
This technically isn’t finished either, but it belongs here because the bullet broke and I can no longer use it. I’m sad that it’s gone because it wasn’t cheap but it’s wasn’t the best lipstick in the world either so I won’t be repurchasing it. The colour was decent, but didn’t last all that long on the lips. 

MAC Lipstick in Sweetie (Lustre)
I will repurchase this. It’s the best lipstick I’ve used in a long time and it works amazingly well for fall and winter because it’s got that deep purple hue to it that screams autumn. It didn’t last all that long, but I didn’t care because it was a fabulous colour. It gives a beautiful stained effect to the lips rather than blanking them out like some lipsticks can which I think is fabulous. 

MAC Limited Edition Lipstick in To Catch A Sailor (Frost)
I wasn’t a fan of this, and this has a similar story to the Estee Lauder lipstick. The bullet broke and I depotted it, but the colour just wasn’t worth the hassle of it all so I binned it. I love the packaging and as sad as it sounds I will miss it looking nice a pretty in my collection.   

MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation in NW20
This was a really nice foundation, and had I had it in the right shade it would have been used up a lot sooner. It’s a nice foundation for those who have combination skin and it has the SPF built in so for people like me whose moisturiser doesn’t have it in, this is great. It gives a medium coverage, but it’s most certainly buildable to. It lasted pretty well and didn’t melt off my face. 

MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NW20
I used this as a concealer because it’s just too thick to use as a foundation. Again, I would have preferred this if it were in a better shade for me but it worked well enough. It’s not the best concealer in the world, but it’s better than some. I wouldn’t repurchase it.  

MAC Eyeshadow in Crème De Violet
This isn’t technically an empty, it’s a depotted shadow but the container is empty so I put it here. I have a review of this here so read that to see what I thought. 

MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Rich Core 
I love this, and wish it wasn’t limited edition. I used this as crease colour for more dramatic looks and as a liner at times too.  It’s a nice shadow, that was really blendable and I loved it. I could have got more use out of it but the shadow fell out of the pan and broke so it was no more. If they were to ever re-introduce them I will snap another one up.