Monday 19 November 2012

Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara | A Review

I’m not usually one for higher end mascaras. I think mascara is that one product that I can honestly say ‘drugstore’ is best. That was until I tired the Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara. 
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara, £21 link
I got a sample of this in a magazine (Tatler, I think) used it twice and went out to buy the full size. It doesn’t come cheap (£21 a tube) but it’s worth it. It does everything I want a mascara to do, and more. 

It claims that it gives “intense volume” and “curled lashes”, which it does. It says the it gives the lashes a “deep…intensity” which it does. It lifts lashes up, curls, lengthens and adds volume to them.  It not only curls, but it holds the curls all day, at least it does for me. 

One coat can give you that nice day time look, and two amps it up to give the best night time look without the fuss of false lashes. I’ll admit I’m rubbish at applying falsies, but love the effect of them so I struggled to put them on for a long time but now I don’t bother because this mascara gives the effect without the hassle. 

The brush is unlike anything I’ve tried before, and haven’t seen it on anything else. It’s a tapered shape that they refer to as a “black diamond” but I’ve also heard it called the Christmas tree wand because it kind of looks like a Christmas tree. The different sides allow you to create the effect you want because certain sides add a little more product to create a dramatic look, whilst others leave a nice natural coating on the lashes. 


You can get it here, and I would highly recommend it. Mascara is something I find hard to recommend because most people have their own preference but I think anyone, no matter what your mascara tastes, will love this.