Thursday 15 November 2012

Smokey Eyes | Drugstore Edition





I love a good smokey eye for a night out and I have a number of options in my collection to help me create a nice look. I was thinking about it the other day and my favourites for creating a smokey eye are all drugstore products so I thought I would share with you my favourite products to create a nice look. 

Let’s start with bases. I think when you are using dark colours like grey and black it’s essential to have a good base down so that the colours go on opaque and stay there. I either reach for my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Immortal Charcoal (link) or I use my Maybelline Gel Liner in Black (link) as a base all over the lid. It just makes everything more intense which I love. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Immortal Charcoal and Maybelline Gel Liner in Intense Black
When it comes to shadows only every really reach for three palettes. The first is from Miss Sporty and is the cheapest of the bunch. It’s just their Eyeshadow quad in Blue Eyes (link). It has four shadows in the tiny palette, and I like that it’s not just greys and black but they have thrown a deep purple in their two. It really makes my eyes pop which I adore. 
Miss Sporty Smokey Eyeshadow Quad in Blue Eyes
The other palette I quite often reach for is the MUA Professional Eyeshadow Palette in Starry Night (link). This is a total bargain at £4 for 12 incredible shadows. You get a nice range of greys and dark colours to create a look along side some amazing highlight shades to make every seem a bit brighter. 
MUA Professional Palette in Starry Night
The last of the shadows that I reach for is a quad from GOSH. I’m not sure you can get this in this packaging any more but GOSH still do quads and trios with amazing smokey eye colours. Anyway, this quad is called Smokey Eyes (link) and had 4 colours in there to create the perfect smokey eye look. I love this palette because I can use it a mirror on a night out to and make up that my shadow stays nice and dark. The colours range from a really nice shimmery white to an intense matte black. The black is actually pretty amazing, and is a really deep black colour. 

GOSH Eye Shadow Collection in 001 Smokey Eyes
Now, in my opinion the smokey eye isn’t complete with a beautiful bit of eyeliner. I tend to switch it up between liquid liner and gel. My favourite gel liner is the Maybelline one I mentioned above, and my favourite liquid liner at the moment is the Collection/Collection 2000 Extreme Felt Tip Liner (link). It’s a nice liner that is really black, and because of the felt tip style it’s nice and easy to apply.

Collection 2000/Collection Extreme Felt Tip Liner (Black)
Kohl liner is super important to me with a smokey eye. A white on the waterline can open your eyes up a little if the black on your lids closes your eyes to much. A black can intensify the look and add a little more drama. I love the Sleek Eau La La liners in Noir (link) and White Noise (link). There are a number of other great liners to like the MUA Intense Colour Liners (link) and Maybelline Master Drama liner (link).
Sleek Eau La La Liners in Noir and White Noise

2 comments:

  1. MUA palettes are great value xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! I own nearly everyone :)

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!