Saturday 1 December 2012

Notable Nudes | Favourite Nude Lipsticks


L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick, Milani Advanced HD Lip Color, Revlon Lip Butter, NYX Round Lipstick, MAC Amplified Lipstick, NYX Round Lipstick, L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick and 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick.
Nude Ingenue, Classy Nude, Creme Brulee, Iris, Blankety, Circe, Boreal/Taffeta and Beehive
At this time of year everyone is talking about those dark lips that are all the rage in the autumn/winter but I'm not always a dark lip person because I have small lips. I'm also the kind of girl that loves to play up the eyes and love a dark or slightly more heavy eye makeup look. With heavy eye makeup it's pretty hard to pull of a dark lips to so I tend to stick to my nude lipsticks. 

17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive, L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Boreal/Taffeta, NYX Round Lipstick in Circe, MAC Amplified Lipstick in Blankety, NYX Round Lipstick in Iris, Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee, Milani Advanced HD Lip Color in Classy Nude, and L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in Nude Ingenue
I have far to many and these aren't all of them but these are my favourite nude shades. They all have a slightly different tone and I think there is something here for every skin tone. There are a couple of true nude colours, and more pink or orange based nudes too.  

L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in Nude Ingenue link
This is a gorgeous lightweight lipstick that is really moisturizing on the lips. It's very sheer so if nude lips don't work on you this might because it lets some of your natural lip colour peek through. 
 
 Milani Advanced HD Lip Color in Classy Nude link
To me this a 'true' nude colour. It doesn't really have any pink or peach undertones to it which is great if you want a real nude lip. It's quite sheer but you can build up the colour to make a slightly more intense look. It doesn't last as long as some do but it's not drying at all. 
 
 Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee link
The formula of this is quite similar to the Rouge Caresse lipstick but a bit more balmy and thick. The colour comes of really sheer but it can be built up. I like this for a simple look that you can top up without a mirror. 
 
NYX Round Lipstick in Iris link
This is great for those who want something with a slight undertone to it because a real nude makes them look ill. This has an orange or peach undertone and it also has shimmer in it. It's not drying at all which I love and it lasts a fair amount of time on the lips to. 
 
 MAC Amplified Lipstick in Blankety link
This is my all time favourite nude lipstick and I have plans to repurchase this until I no longer can. It's what I tend to always have in my bag even if I've originally gone out with a pink or red lips because it's a nice go to colour. It lasts forever on the lips without drying them out and it covers all your natural lip colour which I like. It has a dark pink under tone so for pale skin girls like me, it doesn't make you look dead. 
 
NYX Round Lipstick in Circe link
The is probably the most nude of all the nudes. It might be slightly brown but it's a real nude for me. It doesn't last as long as some but it lasts longer than others so it's pretty average but it's not drying which is a total bonus. 
 
 L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Boreal/Taffeta link
This is a dupe for Blankety. The colours are nearly exactly the same but this one is a little more pink toned. The only thing I don't like about this is the scent because it smells like old ladies to me but it lasts ages and it's not as expensive as MAC. 
 
17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive link
This is a near on perfect dupe for MAC Hue. I do have this lipstick somewhere but I can't find it at the moment to show you how close they are but the only slight difference is the undertones. This is slightly more pink where as Hue is slightly more peachy. It's sheer like Hue and it's really moisturizing on the lips to.

1 comment:

  1. Creme brulee is my fav as well :) Love the moisturizing effect :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!