Sunday 2 December 2012

Reveiw | Revlon Colour Burst Lipglosses

I'm going to start by talking about these as a whole, rather than about the individual colours. Obviously, these are from Revlon and they are the more pigmented of the two they offer. I think every colour has shimmer or glitter running through it but from the ones that I've tried it's really find glitter and shimmer so you can't really feel it on your lips.

I can't say that the formula is completely not sticky because lipgloss never is but it's about as non-sticky as a lipgloss gets. The formula for almost all colours I've tried is really opaque and works well without lipsticks underneath them.

The packaging is gorgeous! I think it looks really classy and the quilted pattern on the lid just adds a little something that I love. The applicator is my favourite lipgloss applicator on any product I've tried. I'm not sure what you call it, but it's a sponge type texture that dips slightly in the centre to perfectly fit your lips. It makes it easy to apply the gloss in on swipe which I love.


Revlon ColorBurst Lipglosses in Crystal Water, Rose Pearl and Peony, £7.99, link
The colours that I have are Crystal Water which is a slightly cloudy clear gloss with amazing sparkles running all through it. The glitter is all kinds of colours like pink, purple, blue and green and the best thing is that when you use it the different colours show up! I've tried many glittery glosses that never really show the beauty of the glitter but this one does.

Peony is a peachy/coral colour with gold shimmer running through it. This was a go to gloss in the summer time for me because it screams summer. It's really opaque for a gloss, and I love that you don't need a lipstick underneath to get a good colour pay off.

Rose Pearl is getting a lot of use right now because it's a gorgeous fall/autumn colour. It's a slightly mauve pink neutral colour with silver shimmer running through it. It's really opaque and based off the colour pay off it's more like a liquid lipstick than a gloss. They staying power isn't as amazing as some lipsticks but I don't mind applying every so often to keep that glossy look.