Thursday 3 January 2013

Top 10 Foundations For Dry Skin: YSL, Rimmel, The Body Shop & More

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation link, MeMeMe Flawless Cream Foundation link, The Body Shop Mositure Foundation link, Revlon ColorStay Foundation link, MAC Select SPF15 Foundation discontinued, YSL Touche Eclat Foundation link, Clinique Even Better Makeup link, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse link and Rimmel Match Perfect Gel-Cream Foundation link.
I love foundation as much as the next person, and for the longest time I always went for something that gave a really full coverage. I have breakouts quite often for a  number of reasons and I always liked to have a fuller coverage. Since using the YSL Touche Eclat I've realized that you can still have great looking skin without the heavy coverage. I just wanted to share some of my favorites out of the ones I've tried. I'll link reviews if I have them, or write a little paragraph to sum them all up.
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, Clinique Even Better Makeup, MeMeMe Flawless Cream Foundation & Sleek BB Cream
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: 
Coverage: Medium
Skin Type: Dry
Price:  £7.99

I was in love with foundation, and the only thing I don't like is the colour range. From looking at the website it seems that they sell light colours but in any shop I've been in they don't do a shade similar to Ivory. I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily skin unless you are prepared to go powder mad because it's very dewy on the skin. It's great for my dry skin, and I even felt the need to powder a bit to tone down the dewy effect.  

Clinique Even Better Makeup
Coverage: Light, but buildable.
Skin Type: Combination to Dry Skin
Price:  £23

This is my newest foundation, and I love it. I went to Clinique asking for something lightweight with a good coverage that would work for my dry skin. She recommended this one, so I picked it up. The price didn't seem to bad for a higher end foundation, and the feel from the tester and where she matched me felt nice. It gives a really dewy finish, so I powder it because I like a semi-matte finish. It is recommended for  combination skin as well as dry but I wouldn't say it would work on oily skin.


MeMeMe Flawless Cream Foundation
Coverage: Medium to Full
Skin Type: Normal to Dry Skin
Price:  £12.50

If I didn't have this in the wrong shade, it would be my everyday foundation but sadly it's a shade to dark and a little two ashy for me. The formula is amazing though. It gives an amazing coverage, and it blends so easily. It takes out redness in my skin, and covers everything I want it to. It doesn't feels heavy or cakey, and it works well on my oily patches as well as my extremely dry patches. It does have a very dewy finish that I calm down with a light dusting of powder but if you like the dew, this can give you it. 

Sleek BB Cream
Coverage: Light, but buildable.
Skin Type: Combination to Dry Skin
Price:  £8.99

I use this as a primer myself just on my t-zone and on my chin, but as a BB cream it's great for combination skin. I wouldn't say it's great for the extremes of oiliness or dryness but it does give a nice light coverage without feeling to heavy and the shade range is great too. I think it's great, as I said, as a primer down my t-zone and on my chin to give a little extra coverage and to make my makeup stay in place a little longer. 


Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, The Body Shop Moisture Foundation, Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin & MAC Select SPF15 Foundation
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse
Coverage: Full
Skin Type: Combination to Oily Skin
Price:  £7.69

I know this hit or miss for people. I like it because it's the only foundation I've tried that gives a truly matte finish. It does transfer and it sticks to dry skin so bare that in mind, but it does give amazing coverage. It's very unique and it does last a long time if you don't rub the foundation on your skin to much. 

The Body Shop Moisture Foundation
Coverage: Medium
Skin Type: Dry to Very Dry Skin
Price:  £13

This is an amazing foundation for dry skin. I have super dry skin and this just works for it. It it very dewy, so I powder it because it's like shine galore but with a light dusting of powder it looks gorgeous. It lasts all day, and it has a fairly decent coverage.

Revlon ColorStay Foundation
Coverage: Full.
Skin Type: They offer a formula for Dry/Combination and Oily Skin, so take your pick.
Price:  £12.49

I'm sure I don't need to say anything about this foundation. It's a great semi-matte foundation (at least the dry skin formula is). It's full coverage that lasts all day and while it can be a little heavy if you apply it with your fingers it gives a finish on the skin. 

MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
Coverage: Medium to Full
Skin Type: Combination to Dry Skin
Price:  Discon

I had no idea this was discontinued, but it's not on the website anymore so I can only assume you can't get it anymore. But it is a favorite of mine so I thought I would include it. It's a great medium coverage foundation that you can build up to be very full. It lasts a really long time and you don't need to powder it to get it to last.

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation & Rimmel Match Perfect Gel Cream Foundation





YSL Touche Eclat Foundation
Coverage: Light
Skin Type: Dry
Price:  £28

This is my perfect foundation. I have about one use left in my bottle and I'm saving it for a special occasion because I just can't bare to say goodbye to this. I don't have the cash to replace this at the moment but I will when I do. It gives the skin an amazing quality to it. It doesn't have a full coverage or anything like that but it just does something to my skin that makes me like it, and I never like my skin.

Rimmel Match Perfection Gel Cream Foundation
Coverage: Medium, but buildable.
Skin Type: Normal to Dry
Price:  £6.99

I love this foundation to bits, and it's my favorite from all the Rimmel foundations. I do like the normal match perfection one, but I love this formula even more.The gel-cream formula makes it great for my dry skin. It glides on, and really does match up to skin colour and texture. It does go on darker than it looks when it settles in so don't freak out like I did. It lasts well on the skin, and the pot lasts a long time too.