Sunday 17 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips | Nude Eclipse

Rimmel Apocalips in Nude Eclipse
Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Nude Eclipse £5.99 link









 






















 I don't get it! Let's just jump right into it and put it out there. I don't understand the hype of this product. Maybe it's the colour I've got but I've swatched the other shades and I still don't get it! 

The applicator is great, and it's really easy to use.  You get the right amount of product on the wand, and the shape works with my lips at least. 

The packaging is nice. I like the cap being all mis-shapen like a meteor and the faded black effect on the tube is gorgeous. 

From my understanding, these are essentially meant to be liquid lipsticks, or a hybrid between glosses and cream lipsticks. I guess they are like that, but there isn't anything special about them that differentiates them from other products. If I wanted a gloss, I would get a gloss. If I wanted a creamy lipstick product I'd grab a lipstick or perhaps the cream puff lip creams from Collection.  

They are pigmented but, this one at least, goes patchy on my lips, fades fast and just isn't worth the craziness that follows these things around. 

5 comments:

  1. I quite like these I've got one of the pinky shades & what I like most is that it stays on my lips as I often have the problem when wearing a lipstick with a gloss put on as an overcoat it fades very quickly. I'm not to sure about the nude colour though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to try the pink colours! the nude just doesn't live up to the hype.

      Delete
  2. I like to add my two cents, and let people know that products might not be as good as they are made out to be

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!