Friday 22 February 2013

Rimmel Gel Eyeliner Reveiw | Black & Aubergine

rimmel gel liner
Rimmel London Glam Eyes Gel Eyeliner in Black and Aubergine, £6.49. link
I've been getting into gel eyeliners recently! I never really used to use eyeliner on my top lash line, but after trying it a few times, getting a method of application down and finding a good brush to apply it with I really like having liner on the upper lash line. 

I picked up these two liners in Superdrug after trying to find a good, cheap liner that was actually good. The best I've found so far is the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, but these are a close second. The only reason these do hit to top spot is because they can transfer and I'm not a fan of the packaging. 

The Maybelline liner feels expensive to me, and these just don't. I think it's the brush/lid combo that makes it feel cheaper and less luxurious. The brush is great for touch ups, or if you have the skills to use it but for a beginner like me it's just not a good brush. It's very wide and I end up with liner everywhere! 

I have had these transfer onto my upper lid a few times, but it only seems to happen when I apply them with a heavy hand and the product takes a little longer to set. Other than than, they are pretty great at staying in place. The intensity on the colour remains through out the day, and they are pretty darn pigmented for drugstore liners. The black is more so than then purple, but I'm impressed with both. 

rimmel liner swatchThe texture is gorgeous. These are more gel like than most I've tried, and glide on smoothly. I find that some can be creamy and a little stiff, making it hard to get a nice, clean line on the upper lid. The gel-likeness about this liner makes it easy to get a smooth, crisp line.  
  
I would recommend these to anyone who wants to give gel liner a try, and wants something other than plain ol' black. I believe they also do a brown and blue shade if you fancy giving those a try. You can get the purple here and the black here for £6.49 each.  
 

11 comments:

  1. i've been looking for a god purple gel liner, this seems perfect!

    www.happyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great, and while it works with every eye colour it looks amazing with brown eyes.

      Delete
  2. wow! the black one is really pigmented... perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pigmented. Not as great as the maybelline one, but still really pigmented for drugstore stuff.

      Delete
  3. I like the Maybelline one too, but this would be nice to try. I'm liking the concept of a purple liner!

    http://curiosanddreams.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple liner is great, especially on brown eyes. Makes the pop like nothing else in my opinion.

      Delete
  4. The black one looks pretty cool xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!