Monday 11 March 2013

Bronzers for Pale People | Nars, Bourjois & More

I'm pale! I mean, like Caspar the Friendly Ghost pale. I think I manage to get that into every post somehow, so you probably know that but I wanted to share what products work for my skin tone.  
Bronzers for Pale People
Bronzers for Pale People | Bourjous Bronzing Powder, Solait Maxi Bronzer, Nars Laguna Bronzer and GOSH Stippling Brush!
The first in the little mini-series I have on product for the pale people is bronzers. I've only just found bronzers that work for my skin, and I wanted to highlight which ones I love!
 
 I'm not sure if the fact that I have major pink undertones in my skin will effect how bronzers looks on you but I thought I'd let you know in case it does.   

The first thing about applying bronzers for me is finding the right brush to use. I found the best brush for getting the right amount of product on my skin, and for blending is a stippling brush. It gives a nice blended effect and it makes it a little harder for you to go OTT and look like an Umpa Lumpa. You don't have to fork out the big bucks to get these either. I know the MAC one is meant to be amazing but mine was a 99p clearance one from GOSH and I also have one that was about £3.50 from ELF. They work for me, so I won't be spending 10 times the amount of higher end brushes.
GOSH Stippling Brush
GOSH Stippling Brush


Now, on to the actual products! 

1) Nars Laguna Bronzer 
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Nars Laguna Bronzer, £26.00 link
I'm sure you've heard about this from everyone and their mum. It's a cult product, but it's so amazing. This is one of the few products I've brought and have really thought this is worth the hype

It's a great bronzer and I can work for so many skin tones. I thought this might be a bit to dark for me but with the stippling brush it just adds the most beautiful shape and warmth to the skin. You can build it up with a heavier hand, but with the stippling brush and on pale skin it adds shape and warmth, without that orange under tone that so many bronzers have. It also leaves the skin with a nice luminosity rather than mattifying it!
    

2) Solait Maxi Bronzer in Sun Glow


Solait Maxi Bronzer in Golden Glow
Solait Maxi Bronzer in Golden Glow £4.99 link
This is cheap, and cheerful. The was the first bronzer I found that worked for my skin, adds a nice warmth to skin without making you look like an extra from TOWIE and you get a huge amount of product. 

This doesn't have any sparkles or anything like that in it,  but in a way similar to the nars product, it leaves the skin with a nice luminosity to it so you don't look very matte and dull. It's a nice brown colour, and it's not to orange. You can go a little over the top with this, which is why I sue this with a  stippling brush, but if you are careful it looks great! 
 
3) Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder in 51
Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 51
Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 51 £6.99 link
This is somewhat of a cult product too. I actually got this as a secret santa present, and love it! It's a nice light shade, but it contains shimmer. I always thought, and hear people going on and on about how it's matte, but it's not! It has some quite obvious shimmer in it! But, despite the shimmer it doesn't make you look like an OTT glitter ball. It looks nice, and the only way you can see the shimmer is it you look for it. It's nice that it gives you a 'glow' and it adds definition to the face. I think that it might make you look a little orange with some foundations and skin tones, but with a light hand it looks great! It's cheap too!    

name


P.S: I've heard so many rumors about GFC going away, so maybe pop over to bloglovin and give me a follow there to keep up to date with my blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!