Monday 8 April 2013

Maybelline Colossal Colume The Rocket Volume Mascara Review


Okay, let's just state that I don't like this mascara so be prepared for it to be a little bit of a ranting post. 
Maybelline Colossal Volume The Rocket Volume Mascara, £7.99 link

The Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express The Rocket claims to be a mascara that offers explosive volume (8 times as much) in rocket time. The exclusive Jet Glide Brush is meant to have flexi-fine bristles that gives you volume without the clumps. They claim that the smooth formula keeps lashes sleek and even

It's not volumising. I've tried this is just about any way I can think of and I get no volume out of it. I have short, blonde lashes to it does take some power to make them look nice and this just doesn't have that 'omph' I need. I can build it up a little, but other Maybelline mascara offer volume in just one stroke of the wand. 

 

The 'exclusive' jet glide brush is suspiciously similar to that of the Max Factor False Lash Effect. I thought that would make this mascara great because the Max Factor False Lash Effect will always be a favourite mascara of mine but no. The formula lets this down. The wand might be nice, but it needs a good formula to back it up. 



I suppose it doesn't give you any clumps, which means is half lives up to it's claims but I wouldn't mind a few clumps if I could get some volume. I'm trying to think of positives so this doesn't sound totally awful but there are only a few. You don't get clumps and I like that it has a plastic brush. Other than than, I'm not a fan. 

I won't go on much more. I know this works for some people so just remember this is my opinion but I would say check out the other Maybelline mascara like the Falsies before you try this. They are much better. 

If you want to try this you can find it where ever they sell Maybelline products, in Boots or Superdrug and online here for £7.99. 

name



P.S: I've heard so many rumors about GFC going away, so maybe pop over to bloglovin and give me a follow there to keep up to date with my blog! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh no this doesn't sound too good! I usually quite like maybelline mascara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love most of the other Maybelline mascaras, sadly this one just let me down!

      Sarah xo

      Delete
    2. Hate when a mascara doesn't live up to your expectations!ill be steering clear of this one :)xx

      Delete
    3. It really sucks! I'd avoid it

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many mixed reviews about this mascara, I think I'll have to give it a go myself xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be worth a try but don't get your hopes up! I'd go with MAX factor False Lash Effect if you want what this claims to offer :) this is on offer in Superdrug at the moment though. think it's £2 off :)

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!