Monday 15 April 2013

Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Alhambra | Review and Swatches



The Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Alhambra is a duo including a "metallic rose mist" shade, and a golden champagne colour in a formula that made of micro fine powders


They claim to be highly pigmented, long wearing and crease resistant. They are meant to glide on evenly and blend without effort, while give you whatever look you want. 



This eyeshadow duo is gorgeous. Not only are the colours beautiful but the packaging is gorgeous as well. 



The two colours that come in this duo are brilliant highlight colours as well as all over lid colours. You can create a nice subtle look with these shadows alone, but they can be used in combination with other shadows to create a more dramatic look. 

 


I find that these shadows wear all day on me without fading or creasing. I rarely use a primer, but if I do these last brilliantly on top of that as well. The wear time isn't different, but the vibrancy of these shades can be changed by putting them over a primer

 

These formulation of these shadows is amazing, better than any other shadow I've tired. They are 'creamy' in a way and just glide on, no matter which applicator I use. I've used even the most poor quality of the brushes but even they cannot ruin the brilliancy of this duo.  I find they have no fall out, the glide on and last all day. 





The packaging is great, but can get really dirty. The rubber type feel of the compact feels lovely, but should your fingers be dirty or if you have left this is your makeup bag then it will get filthy. The compact feels luxurious, comes with a nice big mirror and feels secure too. 



Overall, I would highly recommend trying out a Nars Eyeshadow Duo if you can. They are amazing quality, better than MAC, and when you think about the price it's not that much more expensive than MAC anyway. One standard MAC shadow is £12, and for two shadows here you are paying £25. 




You can pick this Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Alhambra up at Nars counters or online here for £25.

name


P.S: I've heard so many rumors about GFC going away, so maybe pop over to bloglovin and give me a follow there to keep up to date with my blog! 

7 comments:

  1. These are such gorgeous shades!i love how they're long lasting too :) nars packaging is always so gorgeous isn't it?!love seeing it on my dressing table hah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning! I love the packaging and the fact that the products are amazing as well make them worth the money. At least I think s0 :)

      Delete
    2. Yep! I always feel a splurge is so much more justified if you love the products :) I always love nars too xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They really are! Beautiful shades, formula and packaging :)

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!