Monday 29 July 2013

Exciting New Drugstore Makeup Releases (UK Edition)

One Direction Makeup Line MUA

So, I'm sure nearly every young girl and blogger now knows about this next release and have just about wet themselves over it. One Direction are releasing a capsule makeup line with bargain makeup brand MUA (Makeup Academy). The line is called Little things and feature lip balms, lipsticks and nail polish all apparently inspired by the cult boy band.  

Please don't shot me, but I don't get the one direction phenomenon but I am a HUGE fan of MUA so I'd love to see if the standard is just a high as they currently are or if the One Direction name is going to carry the collection.  

One Direction Makeup Line MUA

The Lipsticks look pretty awesome and are probably what I'm going to try and get my hands on. I hope, working where they sell MUA, that I could possibly get my hands on it before the prepubescent girls run in store screaming. I kind of hope I'm lying about that but you never know. We had a Justin Bebier stand when his fragrance launched first time around, and no word of a lie there were 13 - 15 year olds kissing the cardboard cut out and some evern went as far as to simulate giving the PIECE OF CARD and blow job while someone else filmed it on their smart phone.

WHAT?!?!?!?!  

I just cannot even...


Maybelline Baby Lips UK Release


Baby Lips. They have finally reached the UK and everyone is going a little mental. We put them out at work the other day and one girl actually screamed at them. I wish I was exaggerating or lying, but I'm not. She just about had a melt down and brought every shade/treatment type, even after I told her that if she waited until Wednesday, she would get them cheaper as Maybelline is going on 3 for 2 in Superdrug from then. 

Anyway, they are here and I'm assume all bloggers are going to go bat crap crazy over them like the Americans did. They are good, I have two, but not quite worth the INSANE hype they have buzzing around them. 

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara

 Revlon, a brand that everyone loves at least one thing from, has a new mascara releasing. The Lash Potion has been out in the states for sometime I think but it's just hitting stores in the UK and I think I might give it a go. I've never tried as mascara from the brand so this might my first foray into that. The packaging looks really nice, I love the name and I've heard some great things about it. 

Mabybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick UK


I'm shocked the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick is hitting the UK so quick after hitting the US market. WE had to wait so long for some of the most hyped up things like the aforementioned Baby Lips and Colour Tattoos. It even took quite a while for the Fit Me Range to reach this little island but the Fit Me Shine Free Foundation stick is already here. I'm not sure if I'm going to invest because the reviews I've seen haven't hated on it but they haven't raved about it either. I'll wait for the tester in-store and see what it's like!  

I'm sure there are many more releases hitting the UK drugstores/highstreet soon but these stood out to me. I know L'Oreal have some more colours of their False Lash Flutter mascara that are meant to enhance certian eye colours but I hate the wand so I won't be checking those out.  Bourjois' version of the Lip Butters from Revlon are hitting the shelves if they haven't already and they are really nice. I've tried some of the testers are work, and they are even better than I thought they would be. 

Thanks for reading :)
name
Follow on Bloglovin
twitter | bloglovin | tumblr | pinterest | instagram

11 comments:

  1. Superdrug online has free p+p until tomorrow and have just released the 1d stuff on the site. The cheek things aren't in stick yet but I ordered two lipsticks.

    I loathe 1d but I'm expecting good things quality wise so willing to overlook their involvement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might wait until they are in store and get my cheeky staff discount. We've had the lip balm things at work and they just look like the repackaged things from there love hearts collection. hope the lipsticks aren't just repackaged things from their £1 range.

      Delete
    2. Ahh good point.

      Yeah that's why I didn't get any of the balms and the polish shades didn't wow me. The lipsticks, though, I got the red one and the more neutral one. The orange /coral looks nice but looks a little much in swatches. The swatches I've seen so far look really promising and same with the cheek tints. The pigmentation of both looks amazing, even by MUA standards and I'm a massive mua fan too :D

      Delete
  2. The bit about Justin Bieber made me laugh!! I didn't know MUA were releasing a One Direction line, sounds interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's funny in retrospect but at the time I was horrified! I wouldn't have even thought about doing that when I was that young :p

      Delete
  3. Not going to lie, I am definitely going to check out the One Direction collection! With a hoodie and sunglasses on of course!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I'm lucky I use the fact I'm at work as an excuse. I just pretend to tidy the stand up.

      Delete
  4. woaaaaa, lots of pretty color here :) sound interesting <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped into Superdrug at 1045am this morning and the 1D Make up stand was sold out... a few lip stains left and that was about it!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! Mine is pretty good at keeping the things stocked! All the Harry stuff is gone though.. no surprise.

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!