Friday 2 August 2013

Top 5 Foundations for Dry, Pale Skin: Estee Lauder, MUA and more


 
Foundation is something that is quite selective to the individual. Everyone has their own skin type and look for different things in the foundation, for me I look for something dewy or glowy and something that covers redness really well. I do get hormonal breakouts on occasion so decent coverage over those is a bonus, but concealer is my best friend then so it's not a requirement. 


So, with that in mind, today I'm bringing you a top 5 list of my favourite foundation for my dry skin. And, just before I start I am going to apologize for the terrible picture! 



MUA Undress Your Skin in Porcelain
This is the best inexpensive foundation for pale skin. The shade is really light (possibly the lightest I've found in the drugstore) and it offers a light but slightly buildable coverage. I looks really natural on the skin, and is a total bargain at only £5 a tube. You can purchase here

B Radiant Illuminating Foundation in LinenI love the B range from Superdurg. They offer a nice range of products, and the ones that I've tried are brilliant in quality. This foundation is brilliant for people with dry skin. It leaves a nice dewy effect on the skin, hide what you want it to hide and offers a medium coverage. The dewy effect isn't greasy like some (Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, I'm talking to you), but it just gives you a healthy appearance. You can read my full review here if you want to know more!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 52 Vanilla 
I'm sure I don't need to say to much on this because this, and it's original counterpart, are cult foundations in the blogging world. They are brilliant quality at a pretty decent price. This one isn't as long lasting as the original foundation, but the effect on the skin is great. It leaves the skin feeling moisturized, covers redness and flaws well and lasts well enough if you set it with a powder or setting spray.   You can purchase this here.

Please excuse the TERRIBLE photo!


 Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua in B10
I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. I adore it sometimes, and other I hate it but at the moment I'm having a love affair with the beaut. It's a luxurious, light coverage foundation that blend into the skin well and lasts on the skin. It's not going to cover everything in the world on your face, and it won't last as long as something like Double Wear but it will leave the skin looking healthy and with a hit of concealer it will give you a nice flawless look. Read my full review here from when I first fell in love with this!

Estee Lauder Double Wear in Cool Bone
This is my favourite EVER foundation. I've been in love with this since the first moment I put it on my face and will repurchase it until the end. It's a long lasting foundation that really lives up to it's claims. It lasts all day on the skin, blends really well and isn't a cakey matte mess on the skin. You can read my full review here

2 comments:

  1. Is the Healthy Mix light enough for you? I worried it would be orange on my paleface!! haha
    xxx

    The Beauty Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's nearly perfect. 52 is great for summer for me, and 51 is the perfect winter shade.

      Delete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!