Friday 28 February 2014

Finish it up Friday | Empties #5 | Hair Care Products I've Used Up


Today I bring you another empties post and it features all of the hair care I've used up over the last few months. There isn't that much here, but you still might need some tea and a biscuit because apparently I like the ramble. *sorry*


Got2b Oil-licious Styling Oil, £4.07, link
I didn't really like this all that much. It was okay, but not something I would buy again. It didn't help calm my frizz, and I couldn't really say that it helped style my hair. I used it as a pre-shampoo treatment to use it up which was okay. It helped add some moisture but other oils and serums work better for me. 

Toni and Guy Straight and Shine Smoothing Balm, Discontinued (much to my dismay) 
 I adore this stuff and stocked up on about 6 when I found out it was to be no more. The people of toni and guy have told me that there is something similar in their reformulated line but its a cream rather than a balm like this so I'm not quite ready to brave it. This balm is like a super thick serum that can be used in wet or dry hair. My hair is crazy dry and frizzy so this works in my dry hair but for normal hair or even dry hair it might be a bit to intense for you on dry hair. It makes a lovely leave in conditioner though after washing your hair to help with conditioning and controlling frizz and to aid styling when dry. 



Phil Smith Long Locks Conditioner, Discontinued
I picked this up for £1 when it went on clearance and I'm sad it is discon. The conditioner was really nice for something that doesn't claim to be intensive. It left my hair feeling nice and soft and it helped control my frizzy frizzy mop head. I did often follow it with a mask but it was nice combined or used alone. 
Wen Sweet Almond and Mint Cleansing Conditioner, £26.95 full size, link
I don't think this was large enough for me to really get a good idea of it was good or bad. I don't think I would purchase this full size because it is crazy expensive and it didn't wow me.  
Macadamia Deep Repair Mask*, £33.95 for 500ml, link
I wish I loved this as much as everyone else but I didn't. I feel like someone is waiting to slap me for saying that because it is a cult product loved by many but it just didn't wow me. It worked nicely as a mask but I think I can find something just as good for a cheaper price. A full review will follow soon.
Soap and Glory Glad Hair Day Intensive Conditioner, £5.50, link
I hated this conditioner. There was nothing intense about it, and it actually made my hair more frizzy and dry feeling after washing it with this. It smelled amazing, but it just didn't  work for me. I think I'm going to stick to the S&G skincare and bodycare bits and avoid any hair things from now on.
L'Oreal Preference Hair Dye Conditioner from Ombre Kit, £6.99 for hair dye kit, link
I had this conditioner from when I ombred my hair a while a go  (it's gone now) and just didn't end up using this when I died it. It was a good conditioner but for something that is meant to go over newly bleached hair I could have been more intense and hydrating.  

Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Colour Hair Dye in 5.62 Vibrant Red, £5.69, link
I used this when I went back red a few months back. I liked this dye but I think I would stick with the Live XXL colours when I want something brighter. This did smell really nice for hair dye and it didn't completely frazzle my hair. It did fade, like any red, but it did stay vibrant (with the help of colour sealing conditioners etc) for a few weeks.
name


Follow on Bloglovin
twitter | bloglovin | tumblr | pinterest | instagram
 

1 comment:

  1. Men completely fail to appreciate the amount of effort women go to.

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!