Monday 16 June 2014

Top 10: Maybelline

maybelline favourites

Maybelline is one of my favourite drugstore brands, second only to Rimmel. It has some amazing products that are cheap and they are worth every penny and more. I have shared a few other top picks from some drugstore brands so far on my blog (Rimmel and L'Oreal if you fancy giving those posts a read) and I wanted to continue on and showcase one of my favourite brands. 

 So, without further or do, here are my top 10 Maybelline picks (they aren't in order by the way. It was hard enough picking 10, let alone putting them in order):

1) Dream Fresh BB Cream
I love this BB Cream, and it is one of my all time favourites. I think I like the Rimmel BB Cream a little more because it has a little more coverage but if you need something that can even out skintone, correct redness and hydrate the skin this BB cream is for you. It doesn't have the highest coverage, and it isn't going to perform miracles but it's a nice western BB Cream. I use this alone with a higher coverage powder or concealer, or I use it as tinted primer under foundations. It works great in both ways, and for only £7.99 it's really worth it. 
 
2) Master Drama Kohl Eyeliners 
If you want something cheap, that is going to perform like the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Liners then look no further. These Master Drama Kohl eyeliners are pigmented, long lasting and really creamy. They don't tug on the eye in any ways. They blend well if you want to smudge them out but they set and last all day. I use them on my waterliner and as liner along my top lashes and I can't fault them. They are about £4.99 I think, and they have a few colours. They only thing I wish they would do is release more of a shade range. 
 
3) Colossal Volume Express Cat Eye Mascara
I love the colossal volume express cat eye mascara because it gives a bit of everything. The curved brush does help with curl, the formula is really black and stays put really well and you get length and volume. It's not as voluminous as some of the other mascaras from Maybelline like the Falsies or the new Go Extreme Volume Express. It does give better separation  and length than those formulas though. The packaging is nice, much like all other maybelline mascaras and it's no to expensive either. 
 
4) Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer 
I really like the Instant age rewind concealer, and would love to try the radiant shade they have in the US. I like the packaging, even with the sponge that so many complain about. I prefer the sponge to the brush tip applicators on concealers like the Dream Lumi. I like the formula because it covers, stays put, doesn't crease (on me at least) and it matches my skin tone. I find it great for under my eyes, for redness and on blemishes, and I find it works really well over most foundations. It's £7.99, so similar to other under eye concealers and it is free from shimmer and glitter too which I love.
 
5) Dream Satin Liquid Foundation 
The dream satin liquid foundation is one of my all time favourite foundations, probably coming 3rd after double wear from Estee Lauder and Wake Me Up from Rimmel. I really like the shade light porcelain, but I can pull of Ivory too. The undertones are great for my skin, but for someone with really yellow undertones the shades might not work brilliantly for you. The formula is quite thick, but it doesn't feel cakey on the skin. It covers my redness really well, gives a nice dewy (but no to shiny) finish and with a light dusting of powder I find it stays in place all say. It layers well with concealers and blushes etc without caking up and it's only £7.99. 
 
6) Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner 
The gel eyeliner is the best gel liner I've tried from the  drugstore. I like the packaging, the brush and the formula. It is really pigmented, long lasting, non-irritating on the waterline and tight liner and glides on. It is really creamy, and fluid enough to create a nice line free of bumps. The packaging is a nice frosted glass jar with a sophisticated sliver top, the brush allows you to create a thin or thicker line on the top lash line and it does work for placing product on the water/tight line.

7) Baby Lips Lip Balms 
I love the baby lips range from Maybelline. The balms give you a sheer tint of colour, smell lovely, look super cute and don't dry out the lips. I can't say that they are the best lip balms for solving dry lip issues, but the coloured formulas are nice if you do have chapped lips. The red (cherry me) is my favourite, with the peach kiss being a close second.  They both smell amazing, and taste good too. They are super cheap, and great for lip product newbs and for those who want something more sheet. 

8) Mega Plush Volume Express Mascara 
 Maybelline Maga Plush might be my favourite Maybelline mascara. It has a huge wand, and it is quite flexible. The brush is bristle, rather than plastic spikes. It is almost oval in shape, with the tip and base being smaller than the centre. It stays on my lashes all day, without flaking or smudging. It's a nice black colour, and gives my lashes good length and volume. It holds a curl, even though it's not waterproof and it doesn't clump them up at all. 

9) Fit Me Concealer 
The Fit Me Concealer is one of the best I've ever tried. My all time favourite is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concelear, but this is a close second. It isn't quite as long lasting as the Collection, but it doesn't dry as matte as the Colleciton. I can use this on blemishes, redness and under my eyes, whereas the collection alternative cannot be used under my eyes. The only thing I have to complain about is the shade range but I can just about get shade 15 to work for me so I can't complain to much. It covers well, lasts ages, doesn't cake up and is really cheap.

10) Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadows 
I'm not sure that I need to day anything about these because everyone and their little puppy have raved about these. They are long lasting coloured cream eyeshadows that can be used alone or as a base for other shadows. They are a nice gel-cream forumla, nicely pigmented and last all day without creasing. I will say that if it is really hot, and I haven't set them with something I can see a little creasing but that is very rare. I wish the UK has more of the US colour selection, and I can't wait to try and get my hands on some matte shades. 

name



1 comment:

I read and reply to every comment, and love hearing from you all!